Amphilophus lyonsi pairing question

Cichladdict

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
I have 4 amphilophus lyonsi and was hoping I might get a pair, not sure on the sex of these fish as ones about 4/5inch and possibly male and other three are quite a bit smaller, if anything there seems to be a bit of bullying going on as the larger one is the boss. Is there any other way of checking sex or ways to help them get on a bit more.
Cheers

Rodders02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
Perth, Australia
Pics if you wouldn't mind? If you post pics I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to identify them for you. I'm sure if you do a quick Google search you can see how to visually sex them or vent them. But you've got four so the chances are you'll get a pair so I'd just wait. How big is the tank? I'm no expert on lyonsi but get a big tank and provide plenty of hiding places. Good luck! Keep us updated if you get a pair

Cichladdict

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
An under belly shot where you can see the business end.

Theres 3 in a 55 and 1 in another 55 but putting them all in a 125 this weekend.
Out of interest do they do ok with geos? Or is it them alone until I get a pair. Plec?

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Nice looking fish. Can't weigh in on which is which yet but I just ordered my 2 125 gallons for black friday and am on standby for Jeff Rapps to get in juvies. Planning on getting 8 1" ones and letting them pair naturally. Good luck! Hope to be there with you soon!

Cichladdict

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Cheers! Didn't think bet there's tanks going on black Friday. Also them pics above of same fish just not great lighting, got a bulb out but no point replacing as he'll not be in there much longer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store