Off the grid, almost

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
Holy cow! Talk about hitting your life goals! Awesome retirement sir! Subbed. I can't wait to hear some more stories and only hope my retirement goes as swell as yours. ;) Happy Turkey Day!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
and to you sir:) turkey taste the same in warm weather?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Living the dream, man! Awesome what you're doing, leaving an old life to go live your dreams in a place with the fish that you love. I'd love to do the same thing some day, only I'd be moving to the far north instead of a tropical island, different fish for different people! :)

Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Glad to see all is well in paradise duanes :p loving the wildlife as usual , how you holding up with no tanks ? Have you managed to get out on many fish finding missions yet ?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
No tanks yet, and am still looking for the/if any freshwater fish on the island.
Plenty of salt water fish though, porcupine fish hang around the dock chomping on mussels and crustaceans near the water line, needle fish, and lisa.Today there was a bit of a downpour, which brought out the Dendrobates poison dart frogs, and new flowers.

the frog above and below is about the size of a thumbnail, hanging out in the backyard, underneath a coconut tree, and some palms.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Those frogs look amazing man I bet those tropical storms bring all sorts of creatures out to play , im sure you'll track down the fresh water fish eventually even if you have to do a Jeremy wade and go round local fishmarkets ;) lol , im the meantime sea fishing it is :D

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I have to get up there some day soon. Gas is cheap enough. Where I'm at in Ohio is a joke when it come to lfs. I have petco, pet smart and pet supplies plus. Yay.
Check out somethingfishy, and RMS.

matthewr262

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2015
Willowick. OH
Check out somethingfishy, and RMS.
If you have ever been to Hoffers or Aquatics Unlimited. You'll know Rms and something fishy arent even in the same league. The guy at something fishy wants to start a pissing match every time I go there. Even though the owner gave me a tour of his basement. Guess the employee can't remember faces.
For my Wisconsin people Rms is like pet world but double the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store