Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Not suppose to...blame global warming for the fact it's actually cooling and not warming.
Hello; Global warming is a poor term for what is happening, but it is the one that has stuck. Many of the "normal" seasonal patterns we are use to will be changing. Some is baked in by now regardless of what is done. May take decades to centuries for some sort of regular patterns to become established again.

Even tho the last year and so far this year are looking to overall be the warmest of modern times, there will be some areas that have cooler or colder spells that is usual. I think the specific culprit currently is a very robust el nino due to extra heat in the ocean water. The same system that spawned that record hurricane up the west coast of Mexico a few weeks back.

I needed to mow my grass Saturday for the first time this late in November. Leaves are not an issue in my yard, this was due to the grass having grown out. Not sure, but some may get an extra cutting of hay this year.

It is risky for professional climate people to hang their hat on "Global Warming" for specific events. To paraphraise S. King, the world continues to move on. Of course it could be the langoliers somehow out of whack.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Well its officially freezing here in Manchester -2 this morning when I did the dog walk at 6am

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Heads up guys, Petsmart is going to have a Black Friday sale tomorrow. I'm going for sand and fake plants, hopefully they'll be on sale.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Hello; Global warming is a poor term for what is happening, but it is the one that has stuck. Many of the "normal" seasonal patterns we are use to will be changing. Some is baked in by now regardless of what is done. May take decades to centuries for some sort of regular patterns to become established again.

Even tho the last year and so far this year are looking to overall be the warmest of modern times, there will be some areas that have cooler or colder spells that is usual. I think the specific culprit currently is a very robust el nino due to extra heat in the ocean water. The same system that spawned that record hurricane up the west coast of Mexico a few weeks back.

I needed to mow my grass Saturday for the first time this late in November. Leaves are not an issue in my yard, this was due to the grass having grown out. Not sure, but some may get an extra cutting of hay this year.

It is risky for professional climate people to hang their hat on "Global Warming" for specific events. To paraphraise S. King, the world continues to move on. Of course it could be the langoliers somehow out of whack.
the Langoliers , the short story was not a bad read,

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
not again!!!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
well the half time show ok, if you like country music and hot chicks in little clothing.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store