amazon puffer

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
so my new arrival turned up today, he about 3cm so in a small 5 gallon for now to grow out before he goes in my SA bio tank. he has one job and thats eat snails hahaha. he cool and since we been having a lot of success with the figure 8 and green spot i figured it was time for a pure freshwater one.

its just a quick shot i'll get some more once he settled in.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
he is so hard to get photos off so here is a quick video

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
well he growing now lol, probably put on 0.5cm since he arrived. still struggling to get him on to prawn and fish fillet but doing well on snails and blood worm.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Personally speaking, i would keep him on as much of a hard shelled diet as possible, just because this species is known to quite easily get over-grown teeth which can require manually getting in there and cutting them yourself...

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
yeh i not looking forward to the first time but i know it will have to happen. I'm hoping to get him moved this weekend in to the 55g and it's full of snails for him to chew up hahaha.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ Yeah, i had a friend who used to have a trio... said he placed them in a tank full of snails, and within 2 days they were all gone and he had to go out and buy more... I've also heard once you've trimmed their teeth successfully once it becomes easier so best of luck with him...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store