265 Gallon Crossroads, a decent read ahead of you.

What should i do with my Leaking 265 Gallon Aquarium

• Clean it, Re Seal it Again, and enjoy a 265 Gallon Dream tank!

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Sell it, buy something newer and smaller but still big.

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Heres some pics of it installed.

After proving it worked, i pulled the wick out and viola, it drips into the tray and into the sump. Heres a video of the whole kit and kaboodle.

This is a bandaid. Although i am going to see how long this lasts. From today im starting my new tank fund. Basically need another $650 for the 125 gallon i want. Too bad the drift wood wont fit in that tank. Hopefully this system gets me to go for a little while. Then i can get the 125 and put it in the wall.

Thanks for following me this far.

Andrew.
Invention is the mother of necessity. :D

Kudos

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
If I was you at this point after a second reseal. I would cut the bottom frame off and clean the tank and frame pretty good and then just silicone it to death before putting it back on the tank. Apparently that tank is doomed to leak. Maybe removing the bottom frame shows the source of the leak. Your band aid is a solution like you said. Just remember to keep an eye on it. As tanks cycle and begin to "grow" the leak may plug itself, or worse the leak may accelerate. It really blows that it waited to leak until you added substrate and decor. You could have traced the leak with food coloring prior. Good luck going forward and Happy Turkey Day!

jesteratc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Micco Florida
Time of Death 9:45am 11/26/15

The Trickle suddenly turned into a flood, then it started coming out at 3 different locations around the trim.

If Finally done with it. Gonna post it for $500 obo, and see if anyone is interested. The Sump and pump should be good for around $300 imo.

Heres the tank on its final day.

So. Lesson Learned. Maybe i could reseal a smaller tank if i had a great deal on it. But for the price, and the agrivation of this whole process. Id like to just buy new.

Im not upset, and not dissapointed at this point. Just ready for this thing to be gone, and onto the next project.

Thanks everyone for following this.

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
Holy smokes! Sorry to hear it just didn't work out. Wish I lived closer. I'd come get it. Good luck moving it down the line.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Not how you want to start Thanksgiving. Sorry to hear it didn't work out in the end, I wish someone could magically show up and help you out lol. Maybe try a local aquarium group/society? Either way best of luck bro, and I am interested in seeing if you get a tank in the wall.

jesteratc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Micco Florida
I have it listed locally for $450. Glass, Stand, Plumbing, and Sump with pump.

Just in case anyone is interested in making a trip

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Holy smokes! Sorry to hear it just didn't work out. Wish I lived closer. I'd come get it. Good luck moving it down the line.
I couldn't have put it any better myself.

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Time of Death 9:45am 11/26/15

The Trickle suddenly turned into a flood, then it started coming out at 3 different locations around the trim.

If Finally done with it. Gonna post it for $500 obo, and see if anyone is interested. The Sump and pump should be good for around $300 imo.

Heres the tank on its final day.

So. Lesson Learned. Maybe i could reseal a smaller tank if i had a great deal on it. But for the price, and the agrivation of this whole process. Id like to just buy new.

Im not upset, and not dissapointed at this point. Just ready for this thing to be gone, and onto the next project.

Thanks everyone for following this.
At least you tried and didn't leave any stone unturned. Sorry for this wasted hard work and good luck next time

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
I'd cut it up and use the glass for a plywood build, but I can definitely understand washing your hands of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store