silver trio

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
nothing serious , they do kinda push each other around a bit and give each other the look once in a while , but there not causing damage to each other like they used to.
i would say they get along pretty good now .

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
just another little update on these guys there just around 13 inches now and going strong . its kinda cool to see how much they have growin since i started this thread 5 months ago , always hungry they are :)
DSC00861.JPG DSC00938.JPG DSC00944.JPG

Reactions: moe214

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
Wow ur silvers are nice. I got a rescue here little beat up but healed up quite nice from before. It was super malnourished and lost all its fins. But it has regrown all of its find and is a out 13 inches also and reaching 11 months. Super timid and is housed with some angels for temporary till I can clear out space been there for about 5 months no fights ever.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: moe214

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
thanks steven , nice fish you got there too . i see he has the orange spots too nice good job ,they do heal up quite well .

i just bought a new pellet food to try . compared to the chiclid gold and carnivore sticks i usually feed this stuff is dirt cheap ! so far they dont seem to like it . they just spit most of it out lol spoiled fish .
im hoping i can get them onto it and that its a half decent food for them because there eating a lot as they grow :eek:

DSC01204.JPG DSC01193.JPG DSC01203.JPG DSC01197.JPG

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
thanks steven , nice fish you got there too . i see he has the orange spots too nice good job ,they do heal up quite well .

i just bought a new pellet food to try . compared to the chiclid gold and carnivore sticks i usually feed this stuff is dirt cheap ! so far they dont seem to like it . they just spit most of it out lol spoiled fish .
im hoping i can get them onto it and that its a half decent food for them because there eating a lot as they grow :eek:

View attachment 1151706 View attachment 1151707 View attachment 1151708 View attachment 1151709
I got something online that's pretty cheap and my arowana got onto it very fast it's called Azoo Arowana Sticks and Hagen Nutrafin Max Predator Sticks which both increased my aro healing faster and are its staple diet now

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
I heard arowana gets droop eye when they are looking for food too much on aquarium bottom. Maybe feeding them crickets would avoid the droop eye problem?

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
I heard arowana gets droop eye when they are looking for food too much on aquarium bottom. Maybe feeding them crickets would avoid the droop eye problem?
Yes that is entirely true arowanas can get drop eye from multiple reasons either they receive a hard injury to the head, feed on too much bottom food, eat too many fatty foods like live fish, or sometimes even genetics people aren't entirely sure but floating foods and less decorations to smash into a good ways to prevent it. Mine has drop eye when I rescued it but I feed it floating arowana sticks and live crickets or mealworms once a weekend

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store