Fishing Season 2k15!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Nice. Any steelhead pics or salmon from the run this year? I will eventually grab pics off my gopro, so far been an alright season. Got a whole bunch of salmon roe for bait that will last till the end of the year.
Run has been crap this year. I took 3 trips up (6 days total) and in total I went 0 for 2 on steelhead. Fishing has been terrible for everyone and the Tribs are way, way too low for this time of year. Saw a pink salmon in one of the tribs it's illegal to fish in so hopefully it'll make some more! I might head up one or two times in December but other than that it's stocked trout at the local lake and river Muskies for the rest of the year for me.

How's your season going?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
My season? Crap, the days I was able to make it out to the river I was fishing in a t-shirt and only got bites half an hour after sunrise, either that or the weekends when everyone and their cousin is spooking em. My friends? Fabulous season, especially considering the crap run last year, people are hooking into tons on the river. One thing I noticed this year is the sporadic water levels meaning that instead of a steady trickle it is more a slow trickle with multiple pod runs, meaning you have to track them day to day as to how far up river they get. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the bite, but there is definitely fish. Caught a nice coho 2 weeks ago gut loaded with eggs, silver as can be, off a worm again half an hour after sunrise. This colder weather upcoming looks promising, river has been blown out a couple times so their are some pretty dark ones and some pretty damn far up. Man this season takes a toll on the overall fatigue level and the sleep schedule...yet ill go every time.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Of course this would be my luck. The local lake gets stocked with big Browns and all I catch is a chub lol. Then again, that was an hour after stocking, so maybe some day coming up here...

image.jpeg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Went to the allegheny for some musky and walleye this morning but we didn't even see a fish so headed over to the local lake where trout were cooperative once we found them. Went 2 for 3 and they were spawning so it was difficult to get any of them to hit. 15" and 14".

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Always thankful for catching fish like this during such a (normally) cold time of year. Hope you guys are all having an awesome Fall late fall season!

image.jpeg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Carolina rigging nightcrawlers for suckers down at the creek today. Pulled out a huge 14" 2.25 pound northern hog, personal best too!

image.jpeg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Browns have finally started movi up the creek feeding the lake they were stocked in. Low water and all of the couple dozen of fish were stubborn as heck. Still somehow managed one ~12-13" fish about five minutes before it was pitch black LOL. Caught the fish on a pair of single (salmon) eggs, odd tactic for this part of the state but it worked in this case!

image.jpeg

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Didn't have my scale. I wish I did, i looked at it and thought, nah I won't catch anything huge. I hardly ever catch anything over 3 lbs at this lake. No reason to use up the pocket space. Wish I did. I got the largest LM Bass of my life. I know it's over 10, put it on an OLD spring scale and it was a little over 10. And I know that spring is wore out, it's over 10 years old. Caught on a War Eagle, mouse colored spinnerbait in a pond behind my mother in laws. Pulled multiple 4, 5, and 6's out in the past.

My old PB, About 9 lbs and 24 inches.
oldbestbass.jpg

New PB.
10lb bass.jpg
thats a huge *****.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store