good sump media?

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
It made me feel better watching my ray eat him lol.
You put alot of thought into your sump I wish I did more thinking and less doing on mine but it is what it is.
You can see in my pictures that there is a space to the right I want to use what would be your suggestion for media? I recently put snails in there but would much rather use it for bio if I can. Added a picture of my other sump aswell incase you have some input on changes or ways to make it better

View attachment 1151261

View attachment 1151262

On that second sump (hard to view pic was upside down) you could totally put a bio-tower in there....even two...feed it with the water that is in the sump with a small submersible pump and keep it on a separate switch so it circulates when the return is off...like during a water change.
If you would like to know how to build a bio-tower I would be glad to guide you....they are very easy...and you can make them cheap...

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
That's a good idea I do have an extra power head I could use just not sure how many gph it is. I don't have to worry about that I have a drip set up on both the tanks. Ya man if you have the time I would be very interested in building another one of a different style

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
With a pre filter before the bioballs. How long will they stay useable. I have never used a trickle filter before.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store