Odd Clown Loach Pattern

USMCSS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
Valhalla
I've had this 8" CL for a couple months now and due to a multitude of tank problems I somehow never took note of his uncommon pattern which I've never seen before. It has this large spot on one side and a smaller one on the other in the same place. Has anybody ever seen this before? How rare is it? How much might it increase the value of the fish?

slippery slimecoat slippery slimecoat

Loach 17.jpg

Loach 16.jpg

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
Definitely a nice looking loach! I agree with follen. I don't think it'll really add value, but may get it sold that much quicker. I personally don't make an effort to look for oddball loaches, but I know some who collect them.

USMCSS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
Valhalla
Gotcha. I had never seen it before and I've owned well over 50 cl's. My lfs just got 50 of them in and I looked through every one of them and didn't see a single one with an odd pattern. Still picking up a half a dozen of them soon. lol I can't resist. They're extremely healthy looking with some nice dark bold patterns.

Loach 18.jpg

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
That's more of a common oddball pattern you see a lot for some reason. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay... Certain oddball patterns I'll pay lol

USMCSS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
Valhalla
That's more of a common oddball pattern you see a lot for some reason. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay... Certain oddball patterns I'll pay lol
Well I'm a clown loach nut so I'd be willing to be a decent amount more. I mean come on, I had been out of the hobby for over a decade and a couple months ago I saw a 125 for sale and saw him in it and instead of buying a small tank for just him and maybe adding a few more to it, I ended up buying the whole tank. Now, 2 months later I have him, 4 more 7-7.5" CL's, a 125, a 55, 2 tire tracks, a 14" ornate bichir, 4 gourami, 3 yoyo's, and a fire eel. Oh, and this week I'm going to pick up 6 of those 2" CL's in the pic above. How can I not at $4 each plus a 15% discount! Smh, such an addicting hobby but I have gotten good deals along the way. Only paid about $175 for all for of those other loaches.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Well I'm a clown loach nut so I'd be willing to be a decent amount more. I mean come on, I had been out of the hobby for over a decade and a couple months ago I saw a 125 for sale and saw him in it and instead of buying a small tank for just him and maybe adding a few more to it, I ended up buying the whole tank. Now, 2 months later I have him, 4 more 7-7.5" CL's, a 125, a 55, 2 tire tracks, a 14" ornate bichir, 4 gourami, 3 yoyo's, and a fire eel. Oh, and this week I'm going to pick up 6 of those 2" CL's in the pic above. How can I not at $4 each plus a 15% discount! Smh, such an addicting hobby but I have gotten good deals along the way. Only paid about $175 for all for of those other loaches.

Yup addicting hobby... I might have a problem too lol

Reactions: moe214 and USMCSS
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store