What's the most grusome death one of your fish has suffered?

unknown_saint

Feeder Fish
Mar 20, 2014
usa
had a 10" common pleco get eaten by a redtail cat twice in the same night; heard a commotion after turning off the lights and saw the catfish eating the pleco. i got him out, went back to bed, same thing. after the second time the pleco was put in another tank but didn't make it through the night.
also, found out the hard way that snakeheads and gobies ultimately do not mix.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I had a 450 gallon with 24 frontosa, 5 s. Multipuntutas, a 8 inch adonis pleco, and a nine inch toyal pleco. The drip system malfunctioned (it put warm water into the tank so i did not need a heater). The water got 120 degrees farenhight. All of the fish exploded. When i saw this the royal pleco had exploded about 2 minutes ago and was still breathing but had a huge hole in its stomach. That was horrible.

Also, i had a pintado tiger shovelnose that had its tail biten off by a buddah cichlid, and could not swim, so i had to put it down.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I had a 450 gallon with 24 frontosa, 5 s. Multipuntutas, a 8 inch adonis pleco, and a nine inch toyal pleco. The drip system malfunctioned (it put warm water into the tank so i did not need a heater). The water got 120 degrees farenhight. All of the fish exploded. When i saw this the royal pleco had exploded about 2 minutes ago and was still breathing but had a huge hole in its stomach. That was horrible.

Also, i had a pintado tiger shovelnose that had its tail biten off by a buddah cichlid, and could not swim, so i had to put it down.
That's disturbing

Reactions: RocketGarStar

Skinned

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Young green severum that got sucked face-first into the intake of a powerhead...his skull conformed to the size of the hole and his eyeballs were bulging when I had found him. I had to modify the powerhead to keep anything from getting in like that again. I thought anything in the tank was too big to get caught.

Rodders02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
Perth, Australia
when i was 10 i got my first fish a rainbow shark and put it in a 10gal with some snails. he liked to stay pushed up against the glass right behind the heater. the next morning i woke up and one of the snails must have caught him behind the heater because the back half of his body was gone there was a snail on him and he was still gasping for breath with his eyes eaten out and his skull in view. i also had a betta and i put some guppies in the tank with it. the betta charged one of the little guppies and it got penetrated on a little astronaut ornamemt i had in the tank not to mention the betta gnawing on its face when it was stuck.

BrianFeederofFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2015
Texas
I've got a few, not all mine.

I know a girl who had some guppies in the past. According to her, she looked in the tank one day and they were broken in half. I don't think there was anything else in the tank, so I really have no idea how it happened.

I also have heard of betta going down the drain in the sink, then being fine for some time after. This happened once to me, and once to someone I know.

Brian

Cactus768

Feeder Fish
Jun 25, 2016
When I was around six,I had a white Betta fish with red speckles named Speckles. My mom thought he was ugly and did want me to get him but I did bc I liked him. Anyway my younger brother dumped the whole thing of Betta food in his 5g tank so my mom put him in a glass bowl from the kitchen. That was just the torture beforehand, he was fine the tank got cleaned he went back in. Later on we went on vacation and the air-conditioning broke mid-summer (I live in in Florida so it's hot). Long story short my Speckles boiled to death in his own tank after being tortured by my brother who's Betta also boiled to death.

BigTex

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
Several years ago I purchased a small snowflake moray eel and put him in my tank with a goby that was much to large for him to consume. So... the moray decided to have the goby's eyeballs for a snack. I put the poor guy out of his misery and swore off eels for the rest of my fish keeping days.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Several years ago I purchased a small snowflake moray eel and put him in my tank with a goby that was much to large for him to consume. So... the moray decided to have the goby's eyeballs for a snack. I put the poor guy out of his misery and swore off eels for the rest of my fish keeping days.
I would hate to have to euthanize a fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store