blue botia

SilverDub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
UK
Lupin;1504068; said:
Most likely it won't. Not worth mixing at all. Why not just stick with other loach species? Yasuhikotakia modesta are pretty common and there are plenty others which are more suitable than them.
Red & Yellow fin botia's are reputedly very nast and they grow just as big as CL's but quicker, personally if it were my tank I wouldn't even be considering Modesta varities. Unless I wanted a clean up crew in a big cichlid tank!

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
I mix clown loaches with blue botia and have no problems. Of course, I have 5 blue botia, so that helps a lot. If you only have one or two of the blues, they turn their aggression to their other tankmates. If you have them in larger groups like 5, they are mellow. That said, it my tank, I have some other tough fish that could beat the blue botias if they wanted to.

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
With similar body shape, BB appear to be the closest cousin of CL and one might think they have similar behavior, being social and mellow. Wrong. Once I had two BB and they fought each other fiercely. They would suddenly came out of hiding, attacked each other rapidly, made loud clicking noise, and then returned to their hiding. My CL, on the other hand, always hang out with one another and I've never observed aggression towards one another or other fish.

Reactions: Kakarot

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Most likely it won't. Not worth mixing at all. Why not just stick with other loach species? Yasuhikotakia modesta are pretty common and there are plenty others which are more suitable than them.
Aslong as the blues are smaller you won't have any issues. Plus a large tank ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store