FX5 outlet on Eheim 2262?

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has tried using the FX5 outlet on an eheim 2262?

would there be aby benefit to using this over a spraybar?

TIA

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
No difference really...just a more directed flow and a split as well....spray bars are usually aimed accross the surface for aeration....nozzles are more for circulation.
I would choose the nozzles if it were me....but I'm not a canister guy anymore. ...

You can get nozzles and spray bars at the LFS and on line...you can make any combo...even create your own setup...sky is the limit. Don't get stuck thinking one is better because someone said so....find out for yourself. ..that's what it's all about.

Reactions: 4D3 and Mavrick813

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
No difference really...just a more directed flow and a split as well....spray bars are usually aimed accross the surface for aeration....nozzles are more for circulation.
I would choose the nozzles if it were me....but I'm not a canister guy anymore. ...

You can get nozzles and spray bars at the LFS and on line...you can make any combo...even create your own setup...sky is the limit. Don't get stuck thinking one is better because someone said so....find out for yourself. ..that's what it's all about.
Thanks for the advice. I'll give the nozzles a go and see what happens

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Not to tick anyone off, but *in my opinion* spraybars suck, and reduce flow more than they add... They are one additional item you have to CLEAN the little holes out on(BTW a toothbrush works great for this without disassembling the spraybar). THEY WILL ALWAYS EVENTUALLY CLOG WITH BIO-FILM...

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Not to tick anyone off, but *in my opinion* spraybars suck, and reduce flow more than they add... They are one additional item you have to CLEAN the little holes out on(BTW a toothbrush works great for this without disassembling the spraybar). THEY WILL ALWAYS EVENTUALLY CLOG WITH BIO-FILM...
How would you recommend making a nozzle for the 2262?

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
How would you recommend making a nozzle for the 2262?
I would'nt. I would use the output elbow as it/IF it hangs over the tank, kind of like an FX nozzle, or order something like this: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/return-jet.html

Just make sure you have it clamped securely.

Just my opnion, and they way I personally do things.As I've said before, No need to make it more complicated than it needs to be, plus you can aim that nozzle(or take off pieces for MORE FLOW as needed) I recommended at the surface OR down below the surface easily. As a matter of fact, I once SPLIT a canister's output with a T and had 2 of those recommended nozzles going for the return(one at each end of the tank---be sure to measure your hoses though if you do that). 1-intake, 2-returns, but that was just me tinkering. Worked well overall....

YMMV, Best of luck!

Last edited:

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
I would'nt. I would use the output elbow as it/IF it hangs over the tank, kind of like an FX nozzle, or order something like this: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/return-jet.html

Just make sure you have it clamped securely.

YMMV, Best of luck!
It’s an older post so someone else feel free to respond as I know some users can go Mia after a while. Would the fluval fx5/fx6 attachment brackets for the intake/output hoses work with the Eheim? I don’t believe it will with the intake due to stiffness/cumbersome nature but I was wondering if it would with the output elbow? I’m currently running the split fluval FX nozzle but would like the sense of security that it’s in place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store