1700 Gallon Make -over Before and After

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Amazing tank. It's not just an aquarium, but also a swamp forest terrarium. I wonder if the rain forest sound is on to provide a complete swamp habitat simulation. The white gars are cool and gave me a first impression that they are miniature Beluga whale or dolphin, specially viewing them in frontal scene.

With rigorous growing swamp plants, I bet the nitrate level is kept low even without frequent water changes.

Reactions: SingAlongWithTsing

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
With rigorous growing swamp plants, I bet the nitrate level is kept low even without frequent water changes.
I was thinking with the amount of plants in there that even algae would have trouble taking hold but I guess it's a little more resilient than I had imagined.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Why not introduce some cool water pleco to graze on the algae. I don't know the name of the species, but plecos collected in Uruguay and further south can tolerate cool temperature.

RDFISHGUY

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2006
Red Deer, AB.
WOW! I am jealous. I wanted to do something like this but my fish don't get along so I had to set up 2 tanks instead. But this is what I had envisioned. Great set-up and cool inhabitants! I am definitely a fan.

I am surprised the ray doesn't bug you. Every time I stick my hand in the tank my BDL has to come and investigate. It makes me nervous.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Any fish living in your tank must be soooooo damn happy to be in a slice of heaven compared to where they could have ended up...

Also must say no matter how many times i see your tank im left absolutely in awe and jealous that its not mine...

Honestly cant even imagine how amazing it would be to see in person...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store