delhezi with congo tera??

piranhas2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2009
greece
Hello everyone I have an aquarium 121 x 41 x 55 cm and I want to put in 2 very small Polypterus delhezi with 10 tera Congo and 5 Leopard Bushfish we can harmoniously coexist or be fed ; tnx a lot

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
As long as the Congo tetra are not to small to fit in the Delhezi's mouth, I would say you should be fine. You may want to reduce the number of bush fish though.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Should be able to get away with like Tlindsey said. Just make sure there's decor/plants to keep pre-occupied and not too small. Even the bush fish will eat a small Congo tetra so be careful.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
As in the parachanna obscura? If so there will likely be no fish left. Not a good mix. Species only kind of fish. Also if like other sub tropical snakeheads then won't mix well with tropical fish.

Reactions: tlindsey

Firewitch

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2015
Germany
I had young senegalus together with fully grown congo tetra. The first months it worked well, everyone was fine. But when one of the female senegalus reached a size about 15cm I missed two tetras in two weeks. It took three weeks 'till i saw one tetra with a negative of the senegalus´ muzzle in it´s caudal fin. After that the tetras leaved the tank - they were too expensive to be eaten...

When I take a look at my biggest del - at the moment she´s about 23 cm - I wouldn´t mate them with congo tetras. Maybe it will work when they're small - but mine grew very fast...

MrBlueDream

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2015
3rd rock
I have 12 inch del with 3 congo tetras, the 2 female congo are about an inch, yet have been untouched in the last 3 months since I got the congos.

I think as long as there's easy food (sinking shrimp pellets), they're likely to fatten up on the pellets instead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store