Hoplerythrinus cinereus (Gold wolf)

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Can't wait for my golds to get this size!
Do you notice any difference between this one and hours besides the red? I wanna know if this is a different species and how to tell

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
My wolves have a much larger red spot in the Gill plate than this one. However, they have no red on any other part of their body. This wolf is also a much yellower color than mine. Mine are usually much much darker. This may also be due to the schooling vs solo fish set up differences. This fish also is a little leaner than my fish but one again this could be a feeding difference. My golds also have a blue color on all fins and around the jaw. I believe that this is infact a different species. I actually think this species has a better look than mine. Great pick up i am jealous. Please keep us posted on size and color changes!

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
My wolves have a much larger red spot in the Gill plate than this one. However, they have no red on any other part of their body. This wolf is also a much yellower color than mine. Mine are usually much much darker. This may also be due to the schooling vs solo fish set up differences. This fish also is a little leaner than my fish but one again this could be a feeding difference. My golds also have a blue color on all fins and around the jaw. I believe that this is infact a different species. I actually think this species has a better look than mine. Great pick up i am jealous. Please keep us posted on size and color changes!
Thank you, some of the differences can also be influenced by the set up. Maybe we'll see more and learn more about this species

Reactions: QuDodger

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Like:)

Amazing-Fish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
riverwater
Head looks bigger. I know I've seen you bring a few in, have you noticed any differences in behavior or maybe growth rates etc
Hoplerythrinus cinereus to me their more active and seem to be more aggressive then the Hoplerythrin usunitaeniatus

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store