Photo update of Mikula Group Nyatzi

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Nice pics, they grow fast(the children). My avatar is a Big Eyed Emperor Fish Monotaxis grandoculis, I caught shorecasting, they are a unusual catch in this area.

Reactions: Razzo

halffrozen

Feeder Fish
Aug 23, 2012
Buckeye, AZ
Your pictures and fish are very awesome!

I'd love to know a little bit more info on your tank, I'm looking to get back into the hobby, and looking for something very similar in size(tank) and fish. What's your filtration on your tank, and are these messy eaters?

Thanks in advance!

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Here are a couple images of the females.

This is “Lil Blue” she is a good mom and currently has some F1 fry (fathered by Nyatzi) in a floating nursery.

Lil Blue is on the right in this next image

These next two images are of "Annie" another female. In the second image, she is tumbling eggs.

A treat to the eye. Beautifully taken shots. Must be a patience game lol.

Its very very natural looking tank.

RDFISHGUY

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2006
Red Deer, AB.
Nice set up. Love all the blue in these guys. Overhead flash makes for some great pics.

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana

I'd love to know a little bit more info on your tank, I'm looking to get back into the hobby, and looking for something very similar in size(tank) and fish. What's your filtration on your tank, and are these messy eaters?

Thanks in advance!

That tank is a 125-gallon tank. Six foot long is a minimum tank size for mature fronts. Eight foot is wonderful.

In this tank, I have two males and five females. Currently, I am running two AquaClear 110 HOB filters and I also have a HydroSponge running in this tank too. I am planning to start using a carbon reactor soon. Hope this helps. I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Cheers,
Russ

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana

Thanks in advance!
Forgot to mention, mine are not messy eaters because I feed frozen mysis and plankton/krill. Those who feed cichlid pellets have much more and bigger waste.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store