Returning to Fish Keeping with a 350 Litre

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
About to pull the trigger on a nice corner 350 litre corner tank.
See here...
http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/Pro...igon-350-black.html#!juwel-000000000000015300

I have previously been a big fan of the FX5 filter and used to use it on my 220 litre bowfront. Was looking at an FX6 and having the guy remove the internal filter from the inside of this aquarium before I get it delivered. Now this is obviously a decent German made product, should I just leave it in and forget a canister? I have my doubts about how well it will perform? If I am going the canister route, I am deffo taking the internal out for extra space etc. I know it's not difficult to remove the internal filter as it's just siliconed in? I wonder if anyone has this aquarium on here and could advise.

I am setting up a clown loach species tank, so it is important I have a plan here.

I live in a ground floor flat (apartment) it'll be sitting in the corner of the room on a carpet with big floorboards below it, should be no issues here with this size of tank? I have no idea if the floor is perfectly level or what not?

Advice appreciated.

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
About to pull the trigger on a nice corner 350 litre corner tank.
See here...
http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/Pro...igon-350-black.html#!juwel-000000000000015300

I have previously been a big fan of the FX5 filter and used to use it on my 220 litre bowfront. Was looking at an FX6 and having the guy remove the internal filter from the inside of this aquarium before I get it delivered. Now this is obviously a decent German made product, should I just leave it in and forget a canister? I have my doubts about how well it will perform? If I am going the canister route, I am deffo taking the internal out for extra space etc. I know it's not difficult to remove the internal filter as it's just siliconed in? I wonder if anyone has this aquarium on here and could advise.

I am setting up a clown loach species tank, so it is important I have a plan here.

I live in a ground floor flat (apartment) it'll be sitting in the corner of the room on a carpet with big floorboards below it, should be no issues here with this size of tank? I have no idea if the floor is perfectly level or what not?

Advice appreciated.
92 gallons is a decent sized aquarium to get you back into swing!! Beautiful tank and matching stand.
My opinion is to leave it as the tank was designed and add to it later. No sense in messing with the design right out of the gate...besides, it looks awesome all hidden.
Later, if you want to add on, the overflow would hide the down tube and all you would have is the return exposed....if you added a canister....
just my opinion.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I'm speculating but I dont think you should have any issues with that size tank for your apt. room.

That is a very nice design tank and stand, and I would not change the filtration at this time, if ever, if I was in your place. Assuming it doesn't have any critical flaws that's a nice design and is a clean look.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store