Learned the hard way...

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
Well I learned that I need to properly introduce new fish to my wolf tank or this happens. Took a clean chunk out. Been two weeks no more signs of aggression and this guy is surprisingly still alive and healing. I blame feeding to many live meals, but I can't help it. I love watching my fish display their hunting behavior.

20151130_001258.jpg

Reactions: moe214

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Well I learned that I need to properly introduce new fish to my wolf tank or this happens. Took a clean chunk out. Been two weeks no more signs of aggression and this guy is surprisingly still alive and healing. I blame feeding to many live meals, but I can't help it. I love watching my fish display their hunting behavior.

View attachment 1152227
Still alive with no infection wow.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nasty bite. Surprised still alive. 2 weeks and still up is a good sign.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looks like it's deigestive system is gone and I doubt if that regenerates.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
certainly looks that way :( I had thought dollars existed alongside piranha in the amazon, in which case the only hope is that they can recover from large bites the same way piranha do, but it'll be interesting to see what happens in this case.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
certainly looks that way :( I had thought dollars existed alongside piranha in the amazon, in which case the only hope is that they can recover from large bites the same way piranha do, but it'll be interesting to see what happens in this case.
Yes it would,hopefully we are kept updated.

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
I thought the same when I saw the bite. I almost euthanized him, but I never have the heart to go through with that. However, he eats everyday even ate same day as he got bit. I'm just hoping he is actually getting nourishment from his food. If he lives another 2 weeks I'll update everyone.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I thought the same when I saw the bite. I almost euthanized him, but I never have the heart to go through with that. However, he eats everyday even ate same day as he got bit. I'm just hoping he is actually getting nourishment from his food. If he lives another 2 weeks I'll update everyone.
Yeah,as bad as it looks as long as the fish is swimming around normally I probably wouldn't take it out either.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store