1700 Gallon Make -over Before and After

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
Amazing tank!!!
Do you have to replace the guppys or can they self sustain?
The Guppies Self sustain.

Wow. That is beautiful!!! I love the white gar (not sure what he/she is exactly) but its beautiful..

It won't be long and my hubby's probably going to ban me from mfk.. I'm always seeing beautiful tanks (this one for example) on here and I NEED THEM ALL!!!

On a less selfish note, I'm sooo jealous of your tank.. Extremely jealous... :D
Thank you :)

Do you accept visitors?;);)
Once in awhile :)

Cool video, awesome tank....
Thank you!

i remember reading the original thread for this years ago, nice to see the tank is still up and running :D
It has changed but still going. :)

That is an amazing set up!! Jaw dropping
Thanks!

Beautiful. Very nice and natural
Thank you!

Amazing tank. It's not just an aquarium, but also a swamp forest terrarium. I wonder if the rain forest sound is on to provide a complete swamp habitat simulation. The white gars are cool and gave me a first impression that they are miniature Beluga whale or dolphin, specially viewing them in frontal scene.

With rigorous growing swamp plants, I bet the nitrate level is kept low even without frequent water changes.
The Plants are a main component of the filtration.

I was thinking with the amount of plants in there that even algae would have trouble taking hold but I guess it's a little more resilient than I had imagined.
Yep- the algae is a tough one to eliminate.

Why not introduce some cool water pleco to graze on the algae. I don't know the name of the species, but plecos collected in Uruguay and further south can tolerate cool temperature.
Actually have some on order- just waiting for them to arrive.

WOW! I am jealous. I wanted to do something like this but my fish don't get along so I had to set up 2 tanks instead. But this is what I had envisioned. Great set-up and cool inhabitants! I am definitely a fan.

I am surprised the ray doesn't bug you. Every time I stick my hand in the tank my BDL has to come and investigate. It makes me nervous.
My rays don't come near me and even if they did I wouldn't care- they are mostly peaceful.

Any fish living in your tank must be soooooo damn happy to be in a slice of heaven compared to where they could have ended up...

Also must say no matter how many times i see your tank im left absolutely in awe and jealous that its not mine...

Honestly cant even imagine how amazing it would be to see in person...
Thanks ! :)

Absolutely stunning
Thank you!

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Hey Energy, I'm wondering, do you still still have your poison dart frogs in there along with that Chameleon?

I am almost sure i remember you used to have some critters living in the land portion of that tank?

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Just make sure the pleco you ordered aren't the ones that would scratch acrylic. Certain plecos such as Royal pleco have powerful jaw that would scratch plastic.

8DiagramPoleFighter

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2015
NOLA
I remember this tank. Wasn't it a saltwater system at one time? I remember seeing it with the frogs in it. This is good stuff. Glad to see this tank is still around

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ yeah, its the same tank... And cant agree more that its good the owner still posts updates for us to all drool over...

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I'm wondering about the land critters as well. Regardless this set up is amazing.

I wonder how a caiman lizard would look in this lol. And some Pbass.

This is making me wish I could afford the platinum alligator chilling at one of my LFS lol.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Wow.... One of my favourite tanks on mfk for sure, thanks for the video pal, keep updating!-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store