Corner tank shot of bichir substrate.

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
Some of these guys gonna have to go on a diet soon.....

IMG_20151130_020254.jpg

This ansorgii looks short because it's soooo fat but it's actually 19"-20"s..... bwahahahajaha.....

IMG_20151130_020413.jpg

Bubba Tit (pattern) doing its thang.....

IMG_20151130_020125.jpg

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
To replace some of my smaller bichirs I sold not too long ago, I just acquired 4 wild caught bichirs ranging from 21"s to 23"s......3 laps and one endli..... pics to come as they settle in.....

BIG THANK YOU to Ray from A Amazing-Fish for selling these to me.... I had to beg him as they are from his private collection and has had in captivity for over two years...... AMAZING pieces.......

Reactions: ExoticGREEN

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Damn Frank this is the Mona Lisa of bicher tanks. Your attention to detail is incredible.

Only question I've got is how do you keep your SDs from eating plants? My tigers will literally pull pothos into the tank and eat them. Anubias or Ferns don't last but a few minutes :(

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
Damn Frank this is the Mona Lisa of bicher tanks. Your attention to detail is incredible.

Only question I've got is how do you keep your SDs from eating plants? My tigers will literally pull pothos into the tank and eat them. Anubias or Ferns don't last but a few minutes :(

Hey Mike!! Thanx man, but there's still lots of work to be done on this tank.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... as for the eating of plants..........I don't!!..... I've come to the conclusion that they love the stuff & I'm going to support their eating habits!! I replace the anubias as they are eaten..... I know it's kinna expensive but I already pay tons for massivore & tilapia, why not add a few plants every month...... my view might change down the road, but for now, I love seeing my SDs munch on their greens....... never thought about pathos, ..... are those edible/fish safe?? .... that would be much cheaper!! lol.....

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You need the reward for going above and beyond for your fish, your tank may not be the biggest but you definitely do all you can for your fish and more. They look stunning! The silver dollars look great too, and I can't wait to see the new bichirs. I was about to comment on page 61 alone and got excited when I saw there was a page 62 lol

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Havnt been on the bichir forum in awhile been lookin into other fishies ... And when I looked today and saw this I came to the conclusion the all bichir keepers should bow down to frank The Lord of bichirs and lord of filtration lol great job on the tank man very very nice glad to see all is well for ur fish bro!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store