Green terror

JF Sirois

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
I have a 6 by 3 by 2 tank (approximatively 250 gals) just finished cycling the tank for 1 month. I was planning on getting a pair of GT, i already have a common pleco(i know most of you don't like those). After that I was interested in some rope fish or polypterus and maybe some other cichlids. Will this setup work and what kind of other cichlids would work with GT's?

Greenterrorlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
I have a 6 by 3 by 2 tank (approximatively 250 gals) just finished cycling the tank for 1 month. I was planning on getting a pair of GT, i already have a common pleco(i know most of you don't like those). After that I was interested in some rope fish or polypterus and maybe some other cichlids. Will this setup work and what kind of other cichlids would work with GT's?
Jack Dempsey? (JD?) They are pretty fish and can be kept togeather if they both have alot of space?

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
lots of options, be careful with a plec and polypterus plecs can suck the slime coat off them

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I like cichlids that get about 8-12 inches ( JD, Oscars, GT ) do you have other ideas ?
You have a very big footprint to work with, I'd say you'd easily get away with an Oscar and JD in there alongside the GT, it would go a lot more smoothly if the GT's were not a breeding pair; have you considered an all male cichlid tank? :)

JF Sirois

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
You have a very big footprint to work with, I'd say you'd easily get away with an Oscar and JD in there alongside the GT, it would go a lot more smoothly if the GT's were not a breeding pair; have you considered an all male cichlid tank? :)
I could do that, like 1 of each? could i fit other cichlids ?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I could do that, like 1 of each? could i fit other cichlids ?
I'd say yes personally, easily. Just need to be careful of the real bruisers like jags, midas etc; they can clear a tank overnight.

I'd say Oscar, JD, GT; some sort of amphilophus (maybe); perhaps you might also consider shoaling fish such as silver dollars, and clown loach? :)

JF Sirois

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
I'd say yes personally, easily. Just need to be careful of the real bruisers like jags, midas etc; they can clear a tank overnight.

I'd say Oscar, JD, GT; some sort of amphilophus (maybe); perhaps you might also consider shoaling fish such as silver dollars, and clown loach? :)
the three wouldnt be able to defend themselves with a jag even if i get all of them at a very young age ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store