Learned the hard way...

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Don't beat yourself up. It's the nature. It doesn't matter how "properly" you introduce your fish, if you feed your fish strictly pellets, or your fish have lived together for years, it just happened when you have predator fish in the tank. My group of Dorado has lived with the group of silver dollar for more than a year, all eat pellets. Once in a while, they decide to take a silver dollar out for target practice. It started with a small bite in the morning, and by the end of the day, all left is a small head on the bottom of the tank. It only stopped when I moved the SD out

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
Don't beat yourself up. It's the nature. It doesn't matter how "properly" you introduce your fish, if you feed your fish strictly pellets, or your fish have lived together for years, it just happened when you have predator fish in the tank. My group of Dorado has lived with the group of silver dollar for more than a year, all eat pellets. Once in a while, they decide to take a silver dollar out for target practice. It started with a small bite in the morning, and by the end of the day, all left is a small head on the bottom of the tank. It only stopped when I moved the SD out
Yah I guess that's just the nature of it.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Believe it or not, I'm willing to bet in a few months you won't be able to tell which dollar was nearly bitten in half. I had an azul bass that was literally bit in half. This was back when azuls were $3-400ea so I separated him and just let him be. A few months later and he was 100%. I've gotta see if I can dig up the before and after pics because I'm still in mild disbelief how all that played out.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
^ I would like to see those pics, see if you can find them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store