Total transformation

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Well I had a great weekend and managed to get all of the plumbing finished, no leaks so far! It took me about 3 trips and $85 in parts but now I can do FAST water changes. The tank had a built in 1" drain in the bottom. I ran this to a ball valve so I can drain the tank directly into the sump. I also forked the output of the pump into 2 valves. One goes through the UV sterilizer and into the tank. The other goes to a hose quick disconnect. So now I can use the sump pump instead of a siphon hose. Yay me! I will add pictures later tonight.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
It's always best to design and plump a tank by yourself. Awesome and red lobster..? Tell us the story how you got the tank. You asked or they offered you? Lol

Reactions: Chicxulub

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Well the story behind the tank is actually pretty simple. My lfs services their tanks. When they decided to downgrade they gave him the tank. Since the tank had the chiller it worked well for keeping feeder goldfish. Business has been going downhill for him unfortunately and he decided that this setup took up too much space and put a for sale sign on it. When I stopped he said he was Waiting on a good offer . I said well give me a number and I'll see what I can do. It's a nice footprint but it needs work. He said 100 I said sold and had to convince my better half that at that price he was giving it to me.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Well the story behind the tank is actually pretty simple. My lfs services their tanks. When they decided to downgrade they gave him the tank. Since the tank had the chiller it worked well for keeping feeder goldfish. Business has been going downhill for him unfortunately and he decided that this setup took up too much space and put a for sale sign on it. When I stopped he said he was Waiting on a good offer . I said well give me a number and I'll see what I can do. It's a nice footprint but it needs work. He said 100 I said sold and had to convince my better half that at that price he was giving it to me.
Yeah I would've jumped on that price too. Keep us updated love threads like this

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Scaping update! Decided to ditch the tops and go for floating plants. I moved a bunch of my duckweed over from my 20 long tank, attached some pothos to the return pipe to hide it and recently got 2 bannana plants and. 2 dwarf lilies that will hopefully get some nice big surface leaves and give the inside of the tank some shade. What do you think guys?IMG_20151210_233510697.jpg IMG_20151210_233554361.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Great work!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store