NGT stability question

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Well i just made my mind up. Will give it a miss for a while. Just woke up this morning to find one of my new 6" wide bars with his face missing. Damn rays!!
I don't want to add anything that is going to make life harder keeping the wide bars. If an NGT is going to hassle the wide bars and make it easier for rays to pick them off then i will have to pass on the NGT, assuming i have any wide bars left in a couple of weeks. Got 4 a week ago and one gone already :(:(:(:mad:

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
What about an NTT? Between my friend and I, we've had several NTT through the years. Every one of them was pretty much always stable (especially being the only dat in the tank), and generally mild mannered.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
What about an NTT? Between my friend and I, we've had several NTT through the years. Every one of them was pretty much always stable (especially being the only dat in the tank), and generally mild mannered.
Hi yes i have had NTT before and quite a nice fish. I just like the colour of the NGT and would like to try one.

Reactions: slippery slimecoat

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Go with the NGT, even though they are much more aggressive ( my 12" used to beat the hell out of my 16" widebars). it'll be worth it, they are a stunning fish.
Out of interest, how big was the tank you housed the wide bars and NGT in? How many wide bars?
I am still considering trying one. I put some wood in the tank last night to give the wide bars some refuge after losing one the night before, but one still got attacked last night. He is alive but looks like he will lose an eye!! So in a week one of my rays has got a taste for the wide bar and i think i will have to move them out of the tank tonight even though they are 6" or bigger, one of my rays is going to finish them off now if i don't move them. Tank is 9x4x2.
Thanks milkman407

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Thanks for all the replies, BUT no one has actually answered my question.
Do NGT remain stable all the time are are they in and out of being stable like IT dats?
To those of you who own NGT, are they nice and colouful all the time??
Thanks

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Out of interest, how big was the tank you housed the wide bars and NGT in? How many wide bars?
I am still considering trying one. I put some wood in the tank last night to give the wide bars some refuge after losing one the night before, but one still got attacked last night. He is alive but looks like he will lose an eye!! So in a week one of my rays has got a taste for the wide bar and i think i will have to move them out of the tank tonight even though they are 6" or bigger, one of my rays is going to finish them off now if i don't move them. Tank is 9x4x2.
Thanks milkman407
My ngt was stable 100% of the time. They were in a 6x4x2. 3 widerbars and 1 ngt, as well as other fish.

Reactions: jim barry
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store