Critter ID's

Cichlas

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
Basingstoke, UK
www.totalfishkeeping.com
2nd, seen three of these, they are like an oval shape, tentacle eyes by the look of it, dark camouflage pattern but when they are in the dark their back kind of opens up revealing a shiny white underneath (almost looks like a shell) once you shine a torch on them, they close back up. I guess about an inch in size. Again, an id and are they dodgy. They seem to just move around the glass, and hide somewhere during lights on.

image.jpeg

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
The first one looks like a nudibranch and the the second a chiton. I am not positive though and can't give a more specific answer. They are both good to have in the tank. The nudibranch might die if there isn't enough food for them.

Last edited:

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Bursatella leachii would be my guess but post on the seaslugforum to know for sure. Most are sensitive and do best in reef tanks. I have heard of them releasing toxins back into water in the form of ink.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
1st pic is a nudibranch... they usually eat what they look like. they have incredibly short life spans and reproduce asexually like snails. i would not say they are good to have in ur tank as they eat coral. they can be quite a nusiance once they start reproducing in ur system and eating corals. i worked at a coral importer for a year and would find similiar nudibranch quite often...always in the same system... always eating daisy polyps. they looked exactly like the one u have pictured. i wouldnt worry much as it will die soon :) lol... if u find any masses of eggs remove them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store