1700 gallon Make-over Before and After with Golden Gar

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
Awesome gar tank.
Thank you.

That is by far the best tank I've ever seen! Amazing!
Thanks!

that is just awesome looking
Thank you very much :)

a few things, this has been my favorite aquarium for years, it's incredible. The gator gar looks a little deformed and something I would like to see is a video showing all the fish. A long update video would be amazing, a tour of everything with commentary would be great and how you did things. A showing of the jungle above the tank would be great as well. thanks in advance
The gator gar is slightly -which is common actually. Because the gator gar is selectively bred for the white gene you get some other abnormalities that go along with it. Most larger "Snow Gar" show a similar trait or other variation.

Reactions: Lepisosteus

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Thank you.

Thanks!

Thank you very much :)

The gator gar is slightly -which is common actually. Because the gator gar is selectively bred for the white gene you get some other abnormalities that go along with it. Most larger "Snow Gar" show a similar trait or other variation.
I agree with what your saying, you do see it a lot but there are still many that do not show this amount of deformity. nevertheless it's still an amazing fish

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Wow, great setup! Would be cool if you could share of some of the "behind the scenes" equipment you use to keep this going.

Ps. Watched some of your other vid's - excellent!

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
Wow, great setup! Would be cool if you could share of some of the "behind the scenes" equipment you use to keep this going.

Ps. Watched some of your other vid's - excellent!
Thank you! By the way- A behind the scenes is scheduled :)

the new video was amazing. I look forward to more of them
Thank you! :)

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Great Video and also good to see you back and active! Check it out Charney Charney jettefrances17 jettefrances17 shookONES shookONES f22 f22

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NY
Great stock and to echo others beautiful tank. Golden Gars are one of my favorite fish. It's so rare to see them and even rarer to see them at a large size. I've heard some grow out of the coloration, how true that is I don't know but it would explain why I barely ever see an adult Golden. Hope to see more of you and this tank in the future.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Amazing set up!
I'm just curious, but you said you hadn't cleaned the glass in 6 months. Why not use a magnet or plactic scraper with a long handle?
Or...is it an excuse to get in with your wet pets, which, btw, are really cool.

How big will they eventually get? Will they need a pond at some point?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store