Id pls

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
I posted about this little guy a while ago, but couldn't really get a concenus on what it is. Hopefully he is old enough now to get a positive I'd.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
It's definetly not a sveni. It's a saxatilis species. I wish I can be more specific....

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Arghh. I hate not knowing. It doesn't really matter but it drives me crazy.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
He looks beast though! Is it just the lighting or is his spangling orange?
I think it's mostly the lighting but its kinda gold I guess. These pictures turned out a little weird, ill try and get one without the flash tomorrow. Harder to catch him in focus them but it shows his colour more accurately. He is becoming a little beast though, getting nice and thick. I wish I'd grabbed a few of them when I picked him up so he'd maybe have a mate.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
I'm determined to keep trying. I recently moved him to another tank and measured him a 6" head to tail. Here are some new photos.

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
So many species look the same. What I recommend is picking up the aqualog book to help you in this endeavor. Either way, it's a nice fish! Congrats.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
So many species look the same. What I recommend is picking up the aqualog book to help you in this endeavor. Either way, it's a nice fish! Congrats.
Right. I keep flipping between a few different species I think it could be. I'll look into that book. Thanks for the tip

Reactions: mrrobxc

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Really nice fish. What kind of wood is that?
Spider wood is what they are calling it here. Seems like roots of some sort. I'm really pleased with how it looks in this tank. the fish love it too, They are all up in it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store