My Axolotls are so darn cute!

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Hopefully you already know, but if not, don't let any fish aanywhere near them. Aside from possible disease or pathogens, the fish will nibble at their kills eventually killing it. The feathery gills entice strikes from fish because of how it looks like little worms and they can't resist even if they wanted to.

I lost a 42" Two-toed Amphiuma because I didn't remove uneaten feeder fish from it's tank. They'll eat the slime coat off amphibians too.

skye.axolotls

Feeder Fish
Jan 7, 2016
Brooklyn
instagram.com
Hopefully you already know, but if not, don't let any fish aanywhere near them. Aside from possible disease or pathogens, the fish will nibble at their kills eventually killing it. The feathery gills entice strikes from fish because of how it looks like little worms and they can't resist even if they wanted to.

I lost a 42" Two-toed Amphiuma because I didn't remove uneaten feeder fish from it's tank. They'll eat the slime coat off amphibians too.
Don't worry. I've done extensive research before I got my axolotls. :) They are in their own tank with no fish or snails or any other living creature besides their own breed and live plants. The only fish we have at home is my boyfriend's Flowerhorn fish which has his own 60 gal tank together with one blood parrot.

I used to hoard different types of fish but for some reason, when I found the axolotl hobby.. I lost interest in any other type of aquatic specie. :)

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store