Jardini Tank Mates.

Zhewitt04

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2015
I posted earlier about a jaguar with my new jardini and have decided to get rid of all the cichlids and just have the jardini in the 240. I know that jardini can be mean and kill everything when they get to 8" or so. There are success stories though..... I hope mine is less aggressive.
What are some tank mates that everyone suggest? I really want something that schools but wasn't sure if that was possible. I also love peacock bass. I have done a search but wanted more specific for my particular size tank.
Also how long should I let a small jardini in a 240 by himself before introducing new fish?

Thanks for the help

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Doradids maybe. Evz jardini Evz jardini can help better

Reactions: Evz jardini

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I had a mean Asian and he would only tolerate bottom dwellers so I sold him...
Good luck and subbed.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yea^ you wanna aim for bottom dwellers that can hold their own if necessary. I always wanted a wyckii and jar. Something that'll take up the bottom and something that'll take up the middle to top. I don't think peacock bass will work. Something that schools, maybe good sized clown loaches. I've seen that done succesfully. A couple of 4line pims maybe. What do you like that are bottom dwellers that you can keep in that size tank for life and can hold their own if necessary or hide and get away is what you need to ask yourself, and let us know, and we can further help.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Hi , I've always had tank mates with all of my jardini some success story's some disasters over the years.
Cichlids usually ends badly I have housed a jag for years with my first jar but they did fight and wasn't really fair on them tbh a lot of the time my jag just defended his territory when the jar was on a typical killing spree but that left him limited to tank space.ive also tried pretty much every big hardy cichlids all have either ended in deaths , injuries , or permanent fighting :(
As for shoaling fish some jardini just absolutely smash silver fish (silver dollars, tinfoil barbs etc) so that's a gamble but sometimes worth a try , I've got a few sd's in with my current jar but they are starting your look tatty now from beatings. I've never tried clown loach as there pricey in UK at decent sizes but I know people who have done it no problems.
Catfish and bottom dwellers are best in my opinion I've housed loads of catfish with no issues what so ever from the jar
Niger cats , irwini , giraffe all work well
I've also had an ornate Birchir for years with a few different jardini none of them have bothered him either.
Now I've rambled on for ages hope this helps you out :) hit me up if you need any more info if I can help out I will

Zhewitt04

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thanks guys! This is exactly what I was hoping for... some experienced jar keepers. I have more homework to do now. Going to research the catfish and bottom dwellers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store