Overstock Opnion

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
other options would be, geophagus brasiliensis, vieja heterospilus, fire mouths, Cubans, grammode, amphilophus lyonsi... Hemichromis elongated group... Just some more ideas...

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Not sure i would put any pairs in that tank. The bichirs wouldnt stand a chance against a pissed off gt pair.

If it were me i would probably add a couple more upper jaw polys

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
The odoe is definitely a nice fish, and once it gets bigger, it gets the nice pattern on its find, and mine atleast, got a nice green sheen, and they get some nice color, and the teeth are cool too, they hover there and watch you, cruise the tank slowly. They're cool fish to have. But I think you'll want more activity if you're looking for something active. Like my fish tank looks bare at times, she'll be the only noticeable fish and shejust sits there hovering. I've had people come into my room and ask where all the fish were and only point him out, then after I point out all e bichirs and wolf they're like oh. I want more activity in my tank too lol.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
4ft tall, make a great angel or discuss tank.

Reactions: FMA4ME

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Not sure i would put any pairs in that tank. The bichirs wouldnt stand a chance against a pissed off gt pair.

If it were me i would probably add a couple more upper jaw polys
All fish I different tho, I've bred gt with Cory and small 1-2 inch midas in the tank... My pair were good as gold back then. That was in a well stocked 4ft 100g and the gt were about 4 and 6 inch.
That's my experience.
I thought birchir were pretty tough although I've never kept them.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
All fish I different tho, I've bred gt with Cory and small 1-2 inch midas in the tank... My pair were good as gold back then. That was in a well stocked 4ft 100g and the gt were about 4 and 6 inch.
That's my experience.
I thought birchir were pretty tough although I've never kept them.
Oh no doubt all fish are different and being that you were able to do it proves tha. They are tough but not in the sense where they could go toe to toe with a cichlid healing and being hardy yes. But imo wouldnt stand a chance against some pissed off sa/ca.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I do keep a pearsei and heterospilus with my polys. Noone bothers the polys. I was more thinking a matting pair of cichlids could be a problem

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store