75 Gallon "Community"

BellycrawlerJaws

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, New York
Hey all, haven't been on MFK in a few years, life happened and my career took off and now, here I am...

I've finally gotten time back to breathe some new life into my old obsession, and have created my 75 gallon "community"... Heres where it is as of now...

1 HRP "rio danli" (approx 3" - 4 years old)
1 spotted raphael (6 years old this year)
1 sun catfish (4" solid)
7 fat Tiger barbs (who always seem to starve the weakest member of the school)
6 red hooks

The community actually somehow works very well, and I have a 125 in the folks' basement for the red hooks once my fiance and I own a house...

The question is, should I up my tiger barb school to 12? or add 3 more red hooks? Thanks for your input.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Don't red hooks get really big?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Since you have a 125 waiting for the hooks. I would add more tiger barbs...never have enough

BellycrawlerJaws

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, New York
Don't red hooks get really big?
Dinner plate sized yes, over a few years. I own the 125 and stand, just need the house for it.

Since you have a 125 waiting for the hooks. I would add more tiger barbs...never have enough
Thats my thoughts, I wanted to double the school to 14

I second the upping the tiger barbs.
We're on the lookout for full grown ones, our sun catfish has grown and will devour anything that isn't full size.

BellycrawlerJaws

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, New York
Hey all,

Attached are a few updated pics of the tank, in the background you may also see some juvie red-tailed tinfoil barbs... a bit of an impulse buy on our part, but they fit in PERFECTLY with the red hooks and tiger barbs (feeding time is a SWARM). Again, 125 waiting in the wings for this group of growing fish so theres no worry on my end about the upgrade.

Sorry about water clarity in the pictures, had just fed them so the particles are everywhere. fat tiger barb closeup 5-1.jpgHRP 5-1.jpgred hook 2 5-1.jpgred hook 5-1.jpgred hook body 5-1.jpgred hook closeup 5-1.jpgred hook group 2 5-1.jpgred hook group 5-1.jpgred hook group 5-1-16.jpgTiger barb fat 5-1.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store