Dovii tank size

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I still think RTM would give a good wooping to a jag. both adults. ill give the rtm hands down. but thats my opinion. I never grew out a big jag. only a dovii. another cichlid that is very nasty is a trimac. had a F2 male. mean sucker. But not mean enough. rio mag umbee had to be rehomed
I'm sure, man...Parachromis in general isn't known for teaching social skills lol I only know OF 5 species, but I'm short 4 of those right now so I can only tell you the one I know, and they are like pitbulls. I'd love a Motagua or a Loiselle or a Yellowjacket but I'm putting a Dovii 1st :)

Trimac I hear is nasty, I've just never seen one for sale anywhere...our cichlid selection is not great right now locally, but i'v managed to satisfy at least part of my wants for now. I'm going to be getting more into bigger crazy cichlids now as I branch into my attempts at SW too. You just mentioned a few I always wanted there. I dropped my jaw when I 1st saw the Haitian Black Nasties too. Sick. Always wanted a Festae too

I think the only question that matters at this point is can this thread hit 10 pages?
lol check it out dude, I guess the answer was ''Yes"

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
water change today, only time they together, and give it a bit after to see if they going to get along, this is an example of not getting along to spawn,

Reactions: justarn and moe214

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
this while the tank was filling and filters off. was pretty evident they aint happening this week,

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
water change today, only time they together, and give it a bit after to see if they going to get along, this is an example of not getting along to spawn,
I noticed the female kept nipping at the male throughout those vids u posted lol I said to myself "I don't remember my girls doing that when I bred Jags", but your female dwarfs the 2 I had. my males were like an inch shorter , but at 2 years they had a LOT of filling-out to do. Your big boy is probably at least 2x heavier than either of my males were. Wish I still had them

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
it is typical female behavior to go nip the male and get him back on task per-say when wanting to spawn,

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
in the water change vid, she not interested. to leave them together would result in her death. so divider up.

Reactions: Frank Castle

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
the 2 have been spawning together for 2 years, I am starting to think she is done, and i will need to get her a tank of her own.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
it is typical female behavior to go nip the male and get him back on task per-say when wanting to spawn,
well he never left her wanting, so that's why I don't remember it lol
the 2 have been spawning together for 2 years, I am starting to think she is done, and i will need to get her a tank of her own.
Done? I doubt it...get a 2nd female for him and then just in case, start another smaller tank w/ a handful of 2-inchers and sell the rest when u get another pair. I would - started w/ four 1-2-inchers before I knew I had pair, then the others paired up a week later.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
i have no use for all those fry. jags are not big sellers. BTDT, at one time I had to females, and he bounced between the 2.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
welp, the female whent gravid, she has changed her mind, back together, scales flying, they fixing to do the hokey pokey,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store