Anyone have an albino rainbow shark?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I have a regular rainbow shark, he swims around all day and is constantly out. Maybe it's cause as someone pointed out, it being an albino will like dimmer lighting.. Mine chases the tiger barbs I have in with it, other than that he's the smalles fish, doesn't show aggression to anyone else that I've noticed, and no ones showed any to him. He's with pictus cats, a 4line pim, Asian USD cat, silver dollars a blue botia, he tiger barbs, and a tiger botia. Some of these I'll grow out and put in my 120. Some will stay in the tank with him. I have drift wood for him to hide, which he does, but he's usually out and he does eat algae off the sides, and I also feed flake food, shrimp pellets and some loach pellets which he nibbles on

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I love these sharks but hate that they get nasty. That's why I tried an ARS this time, I was hoping to get lucky

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Gawd now I want a rtbs :D

Do they really pound cories? If so that's a bummer
idk about RTS, but 1 of the ARS I have is in with 2 Albino Corys and a Peppered Cory along with dozens of TBs, Danios, Guppies, Mollys, Platys, CAE, 4-Line Pim, etc and the only fish in the entire tank that shows any aggression is the tank boss, a 4" Geophagus brasiliensis, but only towards the other 2 cichlids in with him/her

Everythinng else lives in perfect peace and harmony

If it helps, my friend had a RTS at least 6" in with big aggressives like GT, JDs, Jewels, etc. and I never saw even a scratch on it, but I also never saw it show aggression either.....only indifference like the Rainbows

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store