Setting up a used 210

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
I picked up a 7x2x2 today. It wasn't the prettiest thing in the world, but it was the right price. First I've got to clean it up, sand down and repaint the stand and canopy. Then I've got to clean out the sump, re-plumb it and honestly, I've GOT TO HAVE a settling chamber with filter socks before the bio balls, so I need a new piece - a tall slender box with overflows and racks for the socks. I'm hoping I can get it all set up in the next 4 weeks. I'm taking the family to the Bahamas for V-day, then I've got to order some plumbing parts, decor and LIGHTS. I want LED lighting. Any lighting suggestions would be great.

What's best... My wife is in it with me. Long ago... when I last got out of the hobby... I used the hobby to get away from my ex-wife. I would go in the basement and clean tanks. Well this one goes in the living room and she's just about as involved as I am. I set up a 2.5g two months ago and she fell in love.... and I got addicted again.

It'll have pbass, aros and rays.

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
My wife used to tell everyone that I sit in the dark basement watching my fish, then I got her a tank by her desk. Now she understands, lol.

Reactions: Jimster82

Lawlboom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
Virginia Beach
Mine made me buy four betta's that she never looks at. Now I have four annoying little tanks to take care of. You guys are lucky

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Lights for those fish are as cheap or expensive as you want. Over my 180 I have a shop light with 2 5000k bulbs and on my pup tank I have a Single Brite led. My suggestion is to keep it simple and cheap no need for an expensive light unless you have an planted tanks or sw setup.

I'm sure you know this but an arowana will outgrow that tank aswell as a ray depending on species.
Look for marbles, mini marbles, or hystrix they will stay small enough for that tank

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mine made me buy four betta's that she never looks at. Now I have four annoying little tanks to take care of. You guys are lucky
Sounds like you have some feeder betta now, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store