image.jpeg

image.jpeg

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
The first pic is one of the Nimbochromis species, maybe venustus, maybe linnelli, but its hard to tell when young. They start out like yours, and my linnelli below

But if they are male, when they first mature (at about 4"-5"), end up like this

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I agree with the first fish being some species of Nimbochromis,probably a polystigma or fuscotaneatus.Nimbochromis linnii has a different head shape than the others in the group and venustus has a lot of yellow in it's body and fins.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh yeah,the other fish is some type of mbuna,Melanochromis I think and it is the smaller growing of the two...not sure if you are aware or not but they are both African cichlids.I used to be heavily into them years ago.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You hove a livingstoni and an auratus
Oh yeah,Nimbochromis livingstonii I forgot about that one....it's been a while lol but I guess I got the Melanochromis auratus right though.

Hellaqt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Oh yeah,the other fish is some type of mbuna,Melanochromis I think and it is the smaller growing of the two...not sure if you are aware or not but they are both African cichlids.I used to be heavily into them years ago.
So by the picture do you think the auratus fish is fully grown?

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
could be just realize they are crazy agrressive espicially the auratus. You need to keep them with other mbuna cichlids and also they are herbivores.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store