looks like O"s are trying to pair

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
last few days since iv added the males to the planted tank" Things have got a little Heated with the 2 bigger O"s and smaller females are cleaning a rock and seam a little fatter in stomac"

may have to take the manzanita wood out if things get more heated as very sharp edges"

you guys think its pairing of the O"s or just pecking order"

Lofties

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2016
Australia
Thanks for posting this, and your pics are outstanding. I have two males and two females which look very similar to yours. Mine are around 8-9 inches. My males are very aggressive toward one another, particularly at feeding time. The smaller male and smaller female often pair up and pick on the other two. I suspect that it may be the beginnings of 'pairing off 'as you mentioned Jonny. I'll post some pics this week. Would be good for us both if someone can help with your question.

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Thanks for posting this, and your pics are outstanding. I have two males and two females which look very similar to yours. Mine are around 8-9 inches. My males are very aggressive toward one another, particularly at feeding time. The smaller male and smaller female often pair up and pick on the other two. I suspect that it may be the beginnings of 'pairing off 'as you mentioned Jonny. I'll post some pics this week. Would be good for us both if someone can help with your question.
That's good you got some action going on with your Orino mate" Funny how its the smaller pair that's pairing and picking on the other bigger pair! my males aint that bad really with each other! its the 2 females that get nasty with each other and push at the males sides!
yah get some pics up buddy :cool:

Reactions: Lofties

rlane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Morristown, NJ
Do small 20% water changes for a few days in a row and then on the 4th day do a big water change adding slightly cooler water to the tank. This triggers my bass to spawn every time. Once the eggs are laid, they will hatch in roughly 60 hours and then the wigglers will become free swimming 2 days or so after that. If you want to raise the babies make sure you have A LOT of newly hatched baby brine shrimp on hand and feed them often. Good luck.

Reactions: JONNY CICHLA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store