indoor pond 18 months running

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Thanks pataphysicist my tip and plan for my next build is come up with a cheaper method to heat the water...im using a 3kw
Inline heater and through winter my bills rocket even tho the room is heavily insulated. Also a lid would prevent me having to use a 900w dehumidifier so by no means perfect.
Thanks fuzzlebug tried to get all info i can will get some more pics of filter.
Thanks evz jardini for the kind comment
Hi Daz,

I've been loving your updates in the stingray section mate. Just came across this thread.

You mention the need for the dehumidifier because of the open top.

Have you looked into polycarb sheets like what are used on conservatory roofs? They're sectional and strong/light weight. You can get them 40mm thick, great material mate. Come in long lengths also.

Would massively reduce the humidity levels.

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Hi Daz,

I've been loving your updates in the stingray section mate. Just came across this thread.

You mention the need for the dehumidifier because of the open top.

Have you looked into polycarb sheets like what are used on conservatory roofs? They're sectional and strong/light weight. You can get them 40mm thick, great material mate. Come in long lengths also.

Would massively reduce the humidity levels.
Thanks mate for the kind words.i have thought about something along those lines but havnt actually followed it up and looked deeper into it.i think i automatically was put off by thinking they would bow or make viewing difficult but if they go upto that thickness think half of that would be strong enough and easy enough to move when feeding/viewing.i will follow it up mainly based on cost now as im currently planning on moving house and building a better one with viewing window so will be breaking this one up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store