Setting up a used 210

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I got the wife a 75 gallon, she filled it with a alphabet soup of glow fish. every trip to the store was more glow fish, I did the water changes, I tested the water, I fed the fish. I asked one day what she thought of her fish, she says there not my fish there your fish.

I rounded em all up, 36 fish or so. dropped them off at the lfs, and got a JD pair for the tank.

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
Doors are painted. I'm leaving Wednesday for a short cruise with my ladies for v-day, so this may be where it stops until the following weekend.

I'll look in to those lights. I'm using this to keep a list of the things I still need.

Heaters
Overflow stand pipes - maybe just 1
1 spray bar (1 snapped)
glass tops - need to measure
rocks and fake plants
new bulkheads - I think it would be best to replace all 6 - 4 in the tank and two in the sump.
Tall sump tank with overflows to feed main sump
Filter socks for tall sump.
K1 or other submerged media

Years ago I would have gotten this stuff from aquatic ecosystems. I can't find the right site. Suggestions?

After I get it set up I'm going to work on a DIY FB filter.

D-RIG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2015
San Diego , CA.
I use the same light but I went with 2 - 36" lights
for a 7' tank that is just like your tank , I think the
2 lights make it easer to work on the tank .

The lights are not to bright either .

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
Awesome. I'll probably do that then. I like the idea of two as well, but I'll also have to look in to how I am going place them or if I am going to hang them in the hood.

The tank is going in front of an 8' window so I'll probably not use the light much during the day.

D-RIG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2015
San Diego , CA.
Just uploaded a short video so you can see how the
lights will light up your tank , because of the support
brace in the middle tank the light is a little dim there .

If your going to have your tank near a window you should
see the best results with natural light and the LED will
really make the colors look more enhanced . Enjoy .

This second video was taken about 10 months ago , showing the blue light .

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
I don't really like the blue as far as moon light goes.. The day light looks ok. Maybe I could get 2 48" so that they two overlap in the middle where the support glass is thick.

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
They sell a 6500k that doesn't have the blue, the alternate setting is just a dimmer white

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Beamsworks led lights are pretty cheap on ebay, I have 2 of the 10,000k on my 180 but usually just have 1 lit up, the new redesigned lights are pretty bright.

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291635509640&alt=web
+1
If this is something that will be going into a living space and you won't be using a canopy, I'd go with these inexpensive Beamworks LED strips. However, if you're using a canopy, you can try these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-SMD-RGB-...Supply-/251766532620?var=&hash=item3a9e746a0c

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store