MFK NY Store Tour - Saturday February 27, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Well tell them to put their big boy pants on and make a decision on what's more important Make it the week after
We'll be in Maryland the following weekend for that convention. I guess we'll mark this one postponed until further notice...

If anyone wants to meet up and head to Monster one weekend, informal and impromptu, drop Jay or myself a PM and we'll keep you in the loop.

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
Ok. I'll be heading to the shops on the 20th or 27th then if anyone is interested
Check out 1000 island aquarium on Utica Ave in Brooklyn. 1963 Utica. Alot of nice salt stuff, planned tanks, terrariums, custom glass n acrylic work. They carry freshwater but nothing monster really. Still worth checking out if your into saltwater. New owners, again

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Check out 1000 island aquarium on Utica Ave in Brooklyn. 1963 Utica. Alot of nice salt stuff, planned tanks, terrariums, custom glass n acrylic work. They carry freshwater but nothing monster really. Still worth checking out if your into saltwater. New owners, again
I'm partial to Andy's other store, Diamond Aquarium. John I'll text you in the next couple of days maybe we can coordinate something.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
I'm partial to Andy's other store, Diamond Aquarium. John I'll text you in the next couple of days maybe we can coordinate something.
More of a monster store at Diamond but 1000 has alot of nice salt stuff. Worth checking out for any salty guys here and alot of nice African Cichlids too. I personally brought the store up to par with water quality and it's much different than it has looked in years. I also help at Diamond with MTC whenever he needs a hand. Stay tuned, 1000 is expanding the fresh section and will be setting up some massive display tanks on that huge stand built where the dry good rack use to be. Also they do custom glass and acrylic work, that alone is worth a trip.

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
We're still working on an official itinerary for the trip, but Joel hit the nail on the head. We setup these store tours where we meet up, head to a few different stores, grab lunch, etc. I summarized quickly how this one will go in the first post. They're a good time and have been very successful in the past. Most shops offer us a little discount, we have MFK swag for those who attends, and its a good opportunity to network.
Mfk swag for folks who are in that area. What about international folks lol :)

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Hey MFKers! Is this on or off? Tough to follow on my phone - I'm in with or without.
On like Donkey Kong... sorry for the possible delay talk... will get shookONES shookONES to post a new thread tag everyone then delete this. Feb 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store