Auratus Cichlid

OK PLAY3R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2016
FL
As stated before the male will change to a black color sometimes brownish. However sometimes the male will remain yellow if he isn't either a). The dominant male or b). There's another fish (usually another African Cichlid) that is the dominant fish in the aquarium.

Good luck with your Auratus...they're the reason I swapped to South Americans

OK PLAY3R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2016
FL
Hello. I traded him in. He wasn't very nice.
Good decision! My Auratis wiped out my whole African tank. Little meanies. I recommend Zebra Cichlids or Peacocks if you're new to Africans or even look at other options. Do your research and good luck!!! :)

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
Thank
Good decision! My Auratis wiped out my whole African tank. Little meanies. I recommend Zebra Cichlids or Peacocks if you're new to Africans or even look at other options. Do your research and good luck!!! :)
Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Linh Nguyen

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2015
If there's enough fish and space the auratus should be fine. My black male is aggressive but is not the dominant fish. My cichlid tank is actually dominated by peacocks (go figure), then kenyii, and then hongis.

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
If there's enough fish and space the auratus should be fine. My black male is aggressive but is not the dominant fish. My cichlid tank is actually dominated by peacocks (go figure), then kenyii, and then hongis.
Thank you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store