Shoftshell turtles and Alligators??

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
I had recently been informed that i can't keep a Florida shoftshell turtle in a tank with my fish or the pond the fish will eventually end up in. My question now is would i be able to keep him in a separate pond but instead of him sharing it with fish he would share it with American Alligators???.......Thanks:)

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I had recently been informed that i can't keep a Florida shoftshell turtle in a tank with my fish or the pond the fish will eventually end up in. My question now is would i be able to keep him in a separate pond but instead of him sharing it with fish he would share it with American Alligators???.......Thanks:)
Do you have any experience with Alligators or crocodilians?

.....for starters.

Also, why did you end "AlligatorS" with an "S" as in "more than ONE Alligator"?

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
I did mean more then one, thats just because i saw them at the reptile store when i went the other day. And i almost had an impulse buy :)......defenatly not going to keep alligator or alligators

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I did mean more then one, thats just because i saw them at the reptile store when i went the other day. And i almost had an impulse buy :)......defenatly not going to keep alligator or alligators
Probably a wise choice considering females can grow 8-10".....male much larger and over 1,000lbs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store