Inside background help

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
the back of my tank has a lot of water stains.

I want a solid black background but was wondering if I could find something that goes inside the tank, with out the expense of a 3d background.

Any ideas?

125 6 foot long

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
water stain looks to be outside if you can get behind it to clean it get some bar keepers friends and clean it it works magic.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
water stain looks to be outside if you can get behind it to clean it get some bar keepers friends and clean it it works magic.
Ok so I used vinegar to clean the stains just now with a sock on the end of an algae scrubber lol. Yeah I know those were on the outside, but I'm really trying to figure something out like making my own inside the tank background, but just thin and black.

Thanks for your tips bud.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Ok so I used vinegar to clean the stains just now with a sock on the end of an algae scrubber lol. Yeah I know those were on the outside, but I'm really trying to figure something out like making my own inside the tank background, but just thin and black.

Bet I could wrap something with black pond liner. Something non toxic, maybe the sheets of bathroom and shower wall stuff.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea

if your going for just a reg plain black background you can buy the premade background
black on one side and blue on other and just stick on the outside. or you can paint it black
or any other color though you would need to take the tank down. another way if you want
it inside it using styrofoam a thin sheet pain it black cure it for 24-72 hours then clear coat
it with clear acrylic or 2 part epoxy. the cheapest method without all the work would be to
just buy the premade reverse-able background and attach it to the outside/back. or you can
go super ghetto and buy a 3 mil black heavy duty trash bag and cut to size and tape it to the
back just like the premade reverse-able background lol.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Lol super ghetto. Yeah I've had the ones from the store befor on this tank, for some reason I always end up disappointed, can't remember why, it's been too long.

I could paint roll the back but I would at least have to remove the HOBs and make sure not to get the wall.

The foam sounds like a major pain that can go wrong.

Think Jason think..................

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I know I'm a little late but why not try a tile background?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store