question about lighting

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Probably a daft question, but I've been browsing T5 light fixtures; and wondered if anyone could tell me whether they are adjustable, in order to be hung on the back glass instead of the sides? Or some extendable?

My reason for asking, is that I have a tank 43 inches long; and not the standard 36 or 48 length to fit the side clips

Thanks in advance

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
The T5 I use (Aquatic Life) does not come standard to mount on the "back" panel. You would have to create some "support" and use the hanging bracket that it comes with.

Although, the four feet slide the length of the light, so you could in theory have a 48" and slide the feet in on each end to fit your 43". Not sure how it would look since the light fixture would be longer than your tank, but it would work.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
The T5 I use (Aquatic Life) does not come standard to mount on the "back" panel. You would have to create some "support" and use the hanging bracket that it comes with.

Although, the four feet slide the length of the light, so you could in theory have a 48" and slide the feet in on each end to fit your 43". Not sure how it would look since the light fixture would be longer than your tank, but it would work.
I've discovered some extendable light fixtures, which opens up a whole new discussion lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store