ge2 silicone

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I would check the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate to make sure your tank is still 'cycled'. Tank is 'cycled' if ammonia and nitrite are at 0, and nitrate should ideally be 20ppm-40ppm (the lower the better). Volume and frequencies of w/c will lower your nitrate level

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

bicboihulk

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2016
well i did 2 big wc yesterday and i took your advice and did another one just now. i guess all i can do is wait. i have to buy some testers later today.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
as Xraycer said, GE2 contains a chemical that prevents mold from forming on the window and door beads. It will kill fish.

GE1 is perfectly fine after, I'd say to be safe, 48-72 hours.

bicboihulk

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2016
strip what? i've already removed the stones. i'm not going to put them back in. anyways just got home from work. oscar is moving more but not really eating. he's looking better, i think the worse is over. fingers crossed.

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Anything you can move them into? Would a bath tub be an option?

I almost used this back when I had a paludarium, I was terrified when I saw this thread!

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Anything you can move them into? Would a bath tub be an option?
At this point, there's really no point in moving the fish. If its actually toxin, its in the fish's system now and no longer in the water, since the OP has done multiple big water changes. Just have to wait it out and hope the fish can make a full recovery. Plus, moving will just add more stress to the already weakened/sick fish

bicboihulk

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2016
lost one juvi oscar but the others are doing fine now. i did the water changes like i was recommended and i removed the siliconed rocks. it took a few days but everything is back to normal.

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
GE1 is OK GE2 has the anti mold mix.
When curing silicone wait until there is no more smell then it is cured. takes more then 24 hrs for a tank.

I resealed my 160 last winter with GE1 while my GAR sat in a rubbermaid while the tank cured. was a week from start to finish. One day on draining and removal of old silicone and about 5 days for the smell to vanish.

tank hasn't leaked since and it's been over a year. I did this in place where the tank sits right on the stand as the tank is big enough to get into it.

Rich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store