Very unlevel 125 gal.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
what i am gathering is tank is flush to the wall, if so, A Hob filter will not hang. I agree with deed, 125 should not be a prob, tank should sit 6" better 8" off the wall min to accommodate a AC110 or other HoB filter. if flush deeda right you sitting on the carpit strip.

Reactions: Derikbigcat

Derikbigcat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2016
Hello; First comment is about the carpet. Having had the experience I can say an aquarium on carpet is likely to end with serious problems. So much so I went to the trouble to take up the carpet in a room and replaced it with more suitable flooring.

Hello; Am I correct in thinking you hope to level a large tank while it is full of water? This is not a good plan at all. I strongly suggest that the tank be empty of water and substrate when being shimmed to level.

Lastly, I like to have my tanks be as level as I can get them. Not so much of an issue with the smaller tanks, but more so with the large tanks such as yours. Side to side out of level and front to back out of level being a concern, but corner to corner out of level being a much greater concern.

good luck[/QUOTE
Derik, the stand may be resting on the carpet tack strip. Try moving it out from the wall at least a few inches to see if that fixes the problem. Hopefully there is no water in the tank when you move it.
yea it's off the wall like 6 inches, but is very unlevel from left to right (about 2 inches) the front to back isn't off by very much

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
if its only filled with 6 inches of water just drain it and 6 inches from the wall should give you a decent enough space to shim it. Make your life easy man drain the thing shim it right and you don't have to worry about a disaster down the road.
No it's filled about 6 inches currently with no fish, sits about 6 inches off the wall

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store