predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I went fishing and kayaking on sunday. Needless to say I got my baitcaster stuck in a tree, which led to the 20 degree water ending up in my lap and got PO'd and quit fishing lol.

Reactions: Frank Castle

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
slippery rock creek lol, thought maybe the trout might hit since it was so cold.

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
I haven't gotten anything thread worthy yet this year as I've started my own business and have been sick twice due to my wife being a teacher. But I did get my 12 lb bass back from the taxidermist a few days ago. And already have to re glue lilies back onto it and my other one.

9.5 lb bass left and 12 lb on the right. And my dog ever so curious

image.jpeg

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
This is from about 10 years ago, but wanted to share the first musky I caught which completely changed my art of fishing from going for "anything" to strictly musky, nothing like bringing one of these beasts to the boat.

picture.jpg

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Also of interest we do have a few populations of sea run Brookies. I've only caught one, and that was in a research net.
Never heard of Sea-run Brookies....just Steelheads and a relict population of Browns in the N. Atlantic off the coast of Europe.
That'd be an awesome catch! You guys have Arctic Char up there as well, right? I believe they're a subspecies actually, Salvelinus alpinus oquassa.
I also read that Brook trout are more closely related to Char than actual Trout. They look quite different than Rainbows and yet similar to Browns....definitely oddballs.
I went fishing and kayaking on sunday. Needless to say I got my baitcaster stuck in a tree, which led to the 20 degree water ending up in my lap and got PO'd and quit fishing lol.
Man, I love Winter time LMAO Glad you mustered up the will to get out still??? :D
Magnificent. Were Barramundi introduced to Taiwan for food/sport? I was understanding they are Australian.
LOL! Moraine?
I read/hear great things about Moraine State Park....is it worth a 5-6 hour drive to fish or can I catch the same stuff in the SE?
I haven't gotten anything thread worthy yet this year as I've started my own business and have been sick twice due to my wife being a teacher. But I did get my 12 lb bass back from the taxidermist a few days ago. And already have to re glue lilies back onto it and my other one.

View attachment 1164794
Dude, you're seriously making me miss Florida right now. The biodiversity you encounter not just on rod and reel, but the experience itself fishing anywhere in FL is something you'll remember forever. Those things are HAWGS. Love that Husky too....the dog, I mean.....not just the husky bass
This is from about 10 years ago, but wanted to share the first musky I caught which completely changed my art of fishing from going for "anything" to strictly musky, nothing like bringing one of these beasts to the boat.

View attachment 1164806
So jealous. I have been targeting Muskellunge for decades and still have YET to catch one....I always end up getting big Bass or Pike or giant Catfish instead - the bait never makes it to the Muskies. oh well, guess that's why it's called "Fish of 10,000 casts"

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine

View attachment 1164794
Nice bass. And dogs! Miss our husky, she looked similar to yours. Is that another husky tail in the front of the picture?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store