Should I be worried?

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
About a day ago I noticed my arowana has a bit of bruising above his eye and near his nose. I'm worried since it didn't eat much pellets yesterday and today ate but wasn't as enthusiastic as normal. But it ate the crickets like a beast. Am I over exaggerating about this? Everyday it eats 12 Azoo arowana pellets and occasionally 3-5 live crickets or mealworms

image.jpeg

Reactions: Jrp0405

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't see any bruising but just an unfortunate case of dropeye.

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
I don't see any bruising but just an unfortunate case of dropeye.
Ok thanks
Ya the drop eye sucks happened when I was on vacation my cousins who was watching my pets didn't notice the filter was off and when I came back he had it so maybe he bonked his head real hard or something

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
hey steven , i see nothing too worry about at all with your guy from the pic . my guys have had all kinds of injuries worse then this , and they always heal up ( so far anyway ) .
as far as drop eye im convinced its from impact injuries like slamming there heads on the lid or something in the tank . i have witnessed it happen on a couple of occasions now with my own eyes were the fish freaks and smacks itself on something and immediately the eye drops . sometimes it seems to almost go back into position a bit but not fully then if the fish smacks it self again it drops again, but once it happens it seems to always be there . i have wondered about netting the fish and trying to manually pop the eye back into place but the catching of the fish might cause it to bang its self up more so i haven't tried it

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
hey steven , i see nothing too worry about at all with your guy from the pic . my guys have had all kinds of injuries worse then this , and they always heal up ( so far anyway ) .
as far as drop eye im convinced its from impact injuries like slamming there heads on the lid or something in the tank . i have witnessed it happen on a couple of occasions now with my own eyes were the fish freaks and smacks itself on something and immediately the eye drops .
Thanks Peter
Ya probably a really hard smack to the lid or something

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
silvers are so mass-produced in Asia I'm fairly certain they develop it without injury a good portion of the time as well.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The photo just looks like a close up of the aro's nostrils.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store