Breeding My Own Flowerhorns

Lonte216

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2016
I have a true Texas at maybe 4-5 inches and a group of 6 red devils 2-2.5 inches. they are currently separated but the thought occurred to me to try to breed my own flowerhorns. My question is, how should I go about it? should i just put the all together and see how it goes? Should I let them grow out and then try? If u guys have or thought about breeding some cool "home made" flower horns please help me. lol

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I believe with that mix you'll get a red Texas. Kamfa are made from vieja and ZZ from Trimacs. Some are made from blood parrots.

Lonte216

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2016
Lmao sorry that's what I meant but got too excited.. U have any experience with this

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Lmao sorry that's what I meant but got too excited.. U have any experience with this
Well I have Texas and I breed midas/ red devil but never crossed them. I do have a red Texas though I bought.

Remember genetics plays a huge role in these so the generation you get from the Texas and red devil you must take the male and have him breed with mom.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Lonte216

Lonte216

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2016
Well I have Texas and I breed midas/ red devil but never crossed them. I do have a red Texas though I bought.

Remember genetics plays a huge role in these so the generation you get from the Texas and red devil you must take the male and have him breed with mom.

View attachment 1164960
Beautiful Red Texas.. And thanks for your info

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store