My RTC won't eat krill!

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yea a 20" Oscar I couldn't believe if I didn't see it in person lol I was like no way a 2' red tail is eating a 20 inch Oscar. My lfs had one with 1' oscars and he tried eating them but he couldn't, you'd see them with bite marks from time to time up to a certain point of there body.

Jörmungandr

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2016
Illinois
Yea a 20" Oscar I couldn't believe if I didn't see it in person lol I was like no way a 2' red tail is eating a 20 inch Oscar. My lfs had one with 1' oscars and he tried eating them but he couldn't, you'd see them with bite marks from time to time up to a certain point of there body.
hahahahaha yea I can see that easy it got a few fish we tried to introduce to liven things up he didn't have that lol

Reactions: moe214

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I have not gathered the alleged 20" oscar was eaten. What I gathered is that a 16" pacu was, which I find an extreme example, if true.

Reactions: Jörmungandr

Jörmungandr

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2016
Illinois
Yea not the Oscar sorry if I was not clear ! I will try and find the pic of it half out of his mouth that was the day a saw that from mouth to stomach their is no throat lol just a orphace like a anus lol not to be innapropriate. Lol I'll look when I get home today. However I thought they could eat stuff that big a lot so I never posted the pic n video didn't want to seem stupid lol

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
The deal is pacu are high-back, disk-shaped fish, a normal 16" pacu would be ~10"-12" tall. It would not fit into an RTC's mouth. But looking forward to possible pics ;) :)

Jörmungandr

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2016
Illinois
I'm not finding it... I will keep looking I like to take pics it has to be here somewhere my size could also be off it was on my Oscar lol till I found the video that reminded me the right size lol but still looking

Jörmungandr

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2016
Illinois
I scan threw everything I have on digital can't find it you guys can throw the B.s flag for the time being lol

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
We are in no hurry :) But claims like that do benefit from evidence. Otherwise, dismissed as anecdotal by default. Presumption of innocence is impotent here :)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Very inventive on your part :)

Great video you've found in terms of its "here is what not to do, folks" educational value, I think.

The pacu was too cocky. The tinfoil is smaller and would have been 10x easier to swallow but he must have been more alert and wary of the RTC. Yet, in such a small tank, it is only a matter of time. Still the pacu could not be swallowed, too big.

So this is what happened with yours except your pacu died? So your pacu has never been swallowed and eaten but simply held in the mouth and likely suffocated? If so, that changes my entire perspective on your story and I'd find this more believable, no offense meant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store