Show your silver dollars!

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
they are stupid expensive for the time being.. perhaps in a few years they will be more readily avail... these were imported from asia where they are sold for 400 usd each
Holy wowzas! That's a lot of dollars for one dollar! I hope they become more readily available at some point, because there's no way my hubby would let me spend a three diget figure on one silver dollar... No matter how beautiful it is... :(

Reactions: vincentwugwg

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
HOt damn thats a lot of really cool sd! vincentwugwg vincentwugwg those spotted red hook look pretty different. But those blackies on the bottom...woah!
And how ya liking the albino silvers? Im tempted to grow one out soon with a blk and reg silver.

Reactions: vincentwugwg

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015

These are mine. I'm not certain what type they are, I got them from Petsmart, but they seem to be one of the smaller species. I'm not certain if I have two different types or a type with noticeable difference between males and females- can anyone help me out with that?
And how do you get such good photos of such active fish? All the photos I took turned out to be blurs, which is why there's a video, and the video isn't even all that clear.

You can also see a Mexican molly (livebearer in the first few seconds) and an experimental tankmate- the angel. He's about the same size as the dollars. There was some fin-nipping at first and the angel lost his fin-tips, but I think they just wanted to see if he was edible- they've left him alone since. They tried this with the Mexican molly's orange tailtip, too, and they don't care about him any more. Evidently fins don't taste great and they'd rather eat duckweed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store